The Institutionalized Church is Apostate

1 Then one of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and talked with me, saying to me,[a] “Come, I will show you the judgment of the great harlot who sits on many waters, 2 with whom the kings of the earth committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth were made drunk with the wine of her fornication.”
3 So he carried me away in the Spirit into the wilderness. And I saw a woman sitting on a scarlet beast which was full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns. 4 The woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet, and adorned with gold and precious stones and pearls, having in her hand a golden cup full of abominations and the filthiness of her fornication.[b] 5 And on her forehead a name was written:

MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.
Rev. 17:1-5

1 After these things I saw another angel coming down from heaven, having great authority, and the earth was illuminated with his glory. 2 And he cried mightily[e] with a loud voice, saying, “Babylon the great is fallen, is fallen, and has become a dwelling place of demons, a prison for every foul spirit, and a cage for every unclean and hated bird! 3 For all the nations have drunk of the wine of the wrath of her fornication, the kings of the earth have committed fornication with her, and the merchants of the earth have become rich through the abundance of her luxury.”
4 And I heard another voice from heaven saying, “Come out of her, my people, lest you share in her sins, and lest you receive of her plagues. 5 For her sins have reached[f] to heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities. 6 Render to her just as she rendered to you,[g] and repay her double according to her works; in the cup which she has mixed, mix double for her. 7 In the measure that she glorified herself and lived luxuriously, in the same measure give her torment and sorrow; for she says in her heart, ‘I sit as queen, and am no widow, and will not see sorrow.’ 8 Therefore her plagues will come in one day—death and mourning and famine. And she will be utterly burned with fire, for strong is the Lord God who judges[h] her.
Rev. 18:1-8

harlot – 1.  a prostitute or promiscuous woman

The harlot is the church system which professes she is the bride of Christ but continues in her pursuit of material things and ideas. She conforms to the image (character and nature) of the world instead of the image (character and nature) of Christ. She professes a prosperity gospel, and waters down the gospel to seek the unchurched. It twists scripture to its own agenda. It entertains rather than preaching Truth. There is no room for the Holy Spirit to move and direct in the congregation because of rigid schedule or denominational tradition (traditions of men). It puts itself under the yoke of government by becoming 501c3 corporations.
Is not the true Bride of Christ betrothed to Jesus and mirrors His character and nature. But the woman on the beast who claims to be the true bride says I sit as queen and am no widow. Yet she will see great torment on the great Day of the Lord because she fell away from the Truth of the Gospel. This means those people who are caught up in this religious system (traditions of men) will suffer the wrath of God!

My desire is that eyes be opened and the love of Christ pour out into each one of your lives. Please seek the Lord through fasting and prayer if necessary. Ask Him to open your eyes whether this is truth or lie. How can the wicked see their wickedness if there are no righteous? Please send this to everyone who claims to love the Lord Jesus. Note the strong admonition in Revelation to “Come out of her… lest you share in her sins”.

God Bless, Al Nelson

Advertisements
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Institutionalized Church is Apostate

1. ian vincent says:

Amen. Sadly, that is the truth, brother.

2. Al Nelson says:

God Bless Ian, you found me! Sadly it’s also a message sometimes opposed violently by those in the institution.

3. Braden says:

That’s a really good word, Al. I was seeing some new things while reading through those scriptures. “Strong is the Lord God who judges her,” which is quite the opposite of how God is presented in the apostate church – a lovey dovey, gentle, mild Lord who wouldn’t dare throw a professing believer in hell.

I also noticed this, probably because I’m working on a blog related to this subject. Why is the harlot out in the wilderness? My thought: because she has left Egypt but has not entered the Promised Land, just like the people spoken of in Hebrews 3:16-4:1. She’s the mother of all those who make some kind of start in Christ but do not finish.

• Al Nelson says:

Very cool Braden, I hadn’t considered that the harlot was in the wilderness too. But that makes perfect sense. It’s the whole wheat and the tares analogy/parable. Matthew 25 also comes to mind with the wise and foolish virgins wherein the foolish virgin represents those that claim the name of Christ but have no or not enough oil (Holy Spirit/relationship with Christ) to make it through to Christ’s return. Also Matthew 7:21-23 will be the end result for those folks. I’ll look forward to your blog.

4. I agree whole-heartedly, concerning the apostate practices embraced by traditional assemblies.

The harlot rides on the anti-christ [her power and influence is an extension of his own].

Wolves were entering into the flock of God, even when the apostles were still alive.

I believe there is a difference between wolves and false teachings [which are always in the world] and the emergence of the harlot.

Today, in the churches, we can still find wheat and tares mixed together [in many cases]: when the harlot is in full power, a false christ, spirit, and religion will arise in such strength that it will be impossible for the repentant to maintain contact with the traditional churches.

When and how are the spots, blemishes, and tares removed from the body of Christ? Immediately prior to His return, Christ will allow such persecution to come upon the church that ONLY the faithful will remain: we will be made perfect, even as the Captain of our Salvation was made perfect–through sufferings.

Some fellowship is possible in some traditional churches. If we can go forth into the world to witness, we can do so in the traditional church setting, as well, as He Who is in me is greater than he who is in the world.

Now, we must use wisdom: for not all are able to discern these things, and we can injure the faithful, if we become engaged in fleshly battles with wolves, instead of walking in the Spirit. God must purify His church: “Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares? He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up? But he said, NAY; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye ROOT UP ALSO THE WHEAT with them. ”

I am getting over a flu right now, so I pray I am thinking well enough to have this conversation ….

Peace,

Mark

5. P.S. Anti-christ, harlot, mark of the beast …. all these are found together [during the same season].

We are not yet witnessing these, so the “come out of her my people” command is not yet given [although we should all reject apostate practices at all times]. In that season, we must refuse to take part in the idolatries of the Babylonian harlot or take the mark of the beast.

This mark is a public mark, conspicuously displayed, which provides evidence of the anti-christ’s great power in this time: like the Nazi salute, its use quickly distinguishes who is and is not a follower of evil; in Nazi Germany, everyone saluted—or died.

6. Werner says:

There is only a REMNANT today, which are walking the same road as Jesus did.

They bow daily under the will of God and have much to suffer.

They practice brotherly-love (agape) like Jesus did.

1. John 3,16

7. Al Nelson says:

Thanks for your comments. Sorry I didn’t see your post sooner. I agree with you. I think of the remnant as those who are sold out to Christ, walking in His commandmants. Most of which seem to be outside the walls of the visible institutional church. I can’t say I am personally suffering persecution yet. But I foresee a day that will happen. We should all prepare for suffering. Suffering and persecution is how God sifts the wheat from the chaff isn’t it.

8. ian vincent says:

Jesus certainly knows who are His and who is His remnant, who have heeded His call to come out of Babylon.

The remnant will never consider themselves as the remnant ; that is, they don’t self-consciously consider themselves special or better than others. Many groups claim to be the remnant, but it is just ‘spiritual’ pride and elitism.

Brother, i know that you’re not elitist or prideful, but rather simply thankful, and i thank God for that.

9. Al Nelson says:

LOL, Thanks for the encouragement Brother. It’s a full time job keeping this guy humble. I’m just glad to have your fellowship. It just occurred to me from your comments that the remnant isn’t satisfied with being a remnant. They want others to join in the fellowship. This fits right in with God’s will for us to preach the Gospel and our desire to do so.